Goldline Head First Protective Head Gear.
- The protective element is incorporated into popular hat styles
- Rigorously tested by an independent safety standards laboratory
- Reduces the chance of injury to the back of the head from on ice falls
- Protective piece can be removed to enable cleaning of the hat style
- This product is not CSA approved. There is currently no test standard specific to headgear that protects only in the event of a fall onto the back of the head. Biokinetics an Ottawa-based testing company, suggested that the impact test from the CSA hockey helmet standard was the closest relevant test to simulate a fall to the ice. Therefore the impact test from the CSA ice hockey helmet standard was used to test the Head First line of products. The Head First headgear passed this impact test.